Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Well, it's Wednesday

And I still have a pile of presents to wrap. I haven't tackled edible railings or sugar windows. The 30 feet of pine roping is laying coiled up in the living room, And I ruined a double batch of cookie dough. I, um... well... (sigh) I kinda forgot about it. So this morning I had to throw it all away. I learned that The Joy Of Cooking's rich roll cookies don't like to sit out overnight in a mixer. The only part that bugs me is the wasted butter. Butter is like gold in fat form, you see. I just hate having to pitch it in the trash.

Also, last night L got yelled at for eating gingerbread too loudly. Hubby man got yelled at for yelling at our son. :)

We were watching the second half of Battlestar Galactica. (which was surprisingly decent, if you live like the story has nothing to do with the original story)
A commercial came on, and L snagged a gingerbread man to eat. He started making loud licking noises, running his tongue up and down the gingerbread man's back. I glanced at him out of the corner of my eyes, and he started to giggle. I got a clear image in my head of SpongeBob SquarePants eating ice cream, and smiled. L really got into the SpongeBob mode then; wrapping his lips around the gingerbread head, slurping with a blank look on his face, the whole 9 yards. We were both giggling pretty loudly, and I guess Hubby-Man had enough. He said, "L!" and after a pause, "I think you've had enough gingerbread, Mr. I-Don't-Want-To-Finish-Dinner."
L dropped his cookie holding hand and looked crestfallen. So I said, "What?! It's a commercial! And he's only had 2 pieces of gingerbread!"

See, I believe people should play with their food. I saw nothing wrong with the fun we were having. I think Hubby-man saw nothing wrong with it either, but the noise was bugging him. Anyway, L resumed eating the now headless cookie, and eventually I got him giggling again.
Mommy always wins.

No comments: