Friday, December 26, 2003

Things Mothers Should Tell Their Daughters

My friends and I have been having a discussion (for a couple of weeks now) about things mothers should tell their daughters. Things our own mothers never bothered to tell us, and should have. This is my top 5 list:

5. Puberty is wonderful and you should talk about it.
4. Masturbation is healthy.
3. No one can smell your period or see your maxi pad
2. Your insides are moist for a reason.
1. All vaginas have a fragrance. It's normal. No one can smell it but you, and you wouldn't smell it either if you weren't worried someone else might smell it.

My mom described menstruation, ovulation and hair growth in intricate detail to me and my sister. She thought she had covered all the bases. She even drew pictures. I still stressed over the top 4.

No comments: