Wednesday, December 24, 2003

A happy Christmas Eve

This years gathering was at Aunt C and Uncle G's brick Victorian mega-home. No one got drunk. No one argued. Uncle J dressed in a Santa costume and was swarmed by the newest generation of children. He handed out candy, then Christmas crackers, and finally, presents. The little ones sat in a double semi-circle around him, opening their gifts while the older children stepped over and around them carefully. I don't think I've ever seen so many well behaved kids in one place before. Where did all these children come from? Certainly not my families gene pool!

The gifts were well thought out this year, too. L received a fabu Sonic game for his gamecube, a Harry Potter poster book, a microscope, a Vampire game, gift certificates, cash, and -his favorite- a gorgeous howling wolf sculpture.

The Hubby-Man got season 4 of Babylon 5 (from my sister and her Hubby-Man) and from his secret Santa (my mom) Robert Heinlein's The Moon is A Harsh Mistress, with a library binding. This is one copy that won't fall apart.

My secret Santa gifted me with a wine rack, 3 bottles of reserve wine, 2 beautiful wine stoppers, 1 corkscrew, and a really cute sweater. (Thank you, cousin M)
I gave her 2 bottles of red wine, Seven Deadly Zins and colossi. I also gave wine to the person I was secret Santa-ing. She got Fat Bastard Shiraz and a great Reisling. I buy one every year. It's from a small artist owned vineyard. He paints a watercolor every season with the reisling that's being currently bottled, and the picture is stamped on every bottle. It's great! And tasty too!

Anyway, this should be my last post of the night, so MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: