Monday, November 10, 2003

That's it! No more ice cream in the living room!

This ban is effective immediately!
I tried to take the cordless phone out of it's cradle this morning, and found it glued in place. SOMEONE (who isn't me) dribbled chocolate chip ice cream down the front of the phone, and it welled up in the cradle. My $85 phone does still work, but I'm going to have to clean the corrosion off of the terminals. Disgusting.

I know how it happened, too. I found an empty ice cream box sitting on the end table that holds the phone. I was balanced atop the phone and an empty pepsi bottle. grrrrr. I remember because at the time I'd said, "Are we out of ice cream?" Looking pointedly at my husband...
From his spot on the couch he replies, "Sorry."
I say, "that's ok," and take the leaking, messy box into the kitchen before saying, "No, I didn't want any. I wanted you to throw the box away instead of letting it sit out."
You see, we had just had a mis-communication. I thought he was apologizing for eating all the ice cream, he thought he was apologizing for eating all the ice cream, but when I said "it's ok" what I meant was, "I know you're sorry you ate it all, not sorry that you left a mess, and it is ok, and I love you."
The end result was that he felt guilty, I felt like walking away, and we both forgot that ice cream drips.

No comments: