Friday, November 14, 2003

Chess
Yes, I still like chess. We have 4 real chess sets and at least 3 more crappy plastic ones.
The breakdown is thus:
1 hand carved jade chess set from Japan, bought while Hubby-Man's dad was stationed there, gifted to my hubby.
1 hand carved onyx chess set, bought at Gringo Jones Imports for $30, gifted to my son.
1 plastic Camelot style chess set dated 1963, bought at a yard sale for $5, gifted to me.
plus 1 hand made coffee table with a chess board inlay, $10 at an estate sale. (they were astounded that I wanted the thing)
1 plain wooden chess set, belonging to Hubby-man for gods know how long.
1 travel chess set, magnetized, bought at the dollar store.
1 plastic chess set with a cardboard 'board'.
1 larger magnetized travel chess set, $2, Wal-Mart.
various and sundry chess bits living out their lonely lives in the bottom of the toybox, and only dug out when a pawn is lost.
sundry chess bits in my jeweler's lab, of various materials, waiting for me to complete a set.

It seems I can't walk past a chess board without wanting to buy it. Do you think I'm weird?

No comments: