Tuesday, November 18, 2003

A funny thing happened on the way out of bed...

This morning I was rudely yanked from a dream involving men and I can't remember what else. I think I was teaching them something, because I remember that all the men around me were really paying attention to what I had to say... anyway...
The alarm buzzed at me, so I smacked it into submission, in order to gain a few more minutes of snooze time. As I was closing my eyes, I realized it was dark in the house. Damn! This meant it was still raining.
After a few hits of the snooze button, I hop out of bed, grab L's gym clothes, knock on his door, and enter his room. Tuesday mornings are always the same. I've washed his gym clothes the night before, so I get to wake him by tossing the clothes atop his sleeping form. He almost always jumps, hee hee. I left him to get dressed and remembered that I'm out of coffee. This just isn't my day, but for some reason I'm in a good mood anyway.
We get out of the house on time for once, and the second I step out the door; I realize it's a beautiful day. It's grey and wet and the birds are quiet, but it's beautiful anyway!
As I'm driving us to school, I comment, "Today is a good day." L responds, "You're right. Today is a good day." Then we both say together, "I can feel it in the air."
It was great.
.
.
.
On a side note, after Hubby-man left for work, I went into the basement to clean up the rain water that had flooded the downstairs bathroom and got some bad news. The rain had bled under the drywall and soaked the horrible shag rug in the family room. The entire 10x12 carpet is wet. grumble
And it's still a good day.

No comments: