Friday, December 31, 2004

The Year In Review

If you've actually been reading this for a whole year, you will already know that:

In January, I denounced Bryan Lamb as an asshat plagarist, and let the world know that I can't bake bread...
'My bread was so bad... How bad was it?
It was so bad, my son said, "You should throw the bread away, and burn the pan it was baked in, and salt the oven in which it was baked." '

February brought my yearly rant about blood diamonds and an entry about a teacher who left a lasting impression.

March had more on blood diamonds, because I just can't let that go; and if you knew what I know, you wouldn't let it go either. Not until the day comes when not one person has to die so you can decorate yourself with a colorless bauble.

In April, I fooled my husband in the worst way (and I expect I'll pay for it this year) and declared that my ancestresses were weirdos.

May is my birth month, and I spent it ranting about everything (except diamonds). I also did the math on just how much oil is in the Alaskan wilderness.

Chasmyn moved away in June, grandma moved into a retirement home, and 93 voters braved the fire trucks, police officers and news vans, to cast their vote for a new alderperson.

July saw yet another diamond rant, and L went to Disney World without me. :(

August was vacation month, which was worth every bounced check since then (but just barely). Oh, and Missouri proved it's stupidity by voting to define marriage. Stupid-ass people.

In September, I stepped on a slug and somone noticed my cat. It's more exciting than it sounds.

October saw a month of politial blogging, and the Cards lost the World Series.

Can we just skip November? It began with fraud and ended with grandma almost dying... She is recovering and that's a hell of an improvement on the start of the month.

And December, you just read.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My blog won't let me post! And you never ever log onto IM anymore. I'm going to have to fire you.

She Dances in Dragon said...

Sorry, Chasmyn. Today is L and the Hubby-Man's last day of vacation. I'll be free to chat a lot tomorrow, ok?