Friday, April 02, 2004

The April Fools Joke

A few years ago, on April Fools Day, the Hubby-Man taped the handle of the sink sprayer, so that when I turned on the water it would spray me. This is one of the oldest tricks in the book, and he got me good.
The problem is, I forget that the first day of April is prank day. I don't do practical jokes. (Because I'm no good at thinking up good ones. I know it.) So I'm a very poor sport about it. Especially when the joke involves a face full of water. I declared the house an April-Fools-Free-Zone, after rejecting a half dozen revenge pranks as too vicious.
I mean the worst I've ever done is stick a "load" into a cigarette to make it explode. I'm no good at this joke thing.
Faking a heart attack would be cruel, as would sneaking outside late at night and letting half the air out of hubby's tires. I can't think of a prank that isn't just plain mean. And I don't want to be mean to my hubby, there's no humor in that.

I've plotted revenge year after year, and I just don't have the heart to go through with it...


So this year, I got help.

Yesterday, muahaha, I was over at Persephone's house. muahaha. With the brand new truck. muahaha. She called him. muahaha. And told him he needed to come over and get me, because I was a wreck. muahaha. Because some teenager came down the street too fast and knocked the mirror off the truck!

I was listening on the other line, and waited for his strangled exclamation of "Gaaaah!" before I said, "April Fools!"

Y'know what? It wasn't very funny.

No comments: