Tuesday, April 13, 2004

They're here!

The boys are playing Army Men. The younger girl is playing The Sims Unleashed on L's computer, and the eldest is playing Baldur's Gate 2 on the PS2 in the basement. Yes, every room that isn't already a mess will be by 6:00 tonight.
We will be eating carmelized garlic chicken, homemade mashed potatoes, and broccoli with cheese sauce.
Would anyone like to help me clear of the dining table?
Please?


I'll pay you... (charming smile)?

Ok, now for the fun part. We arrived at the school early, surprising the heck out of the eldest; who thought she would have to walk the twins home, and meet me there. Ha! I hung out with eldest and her friend, whilst L hid from them. I made the mistake of saying, "He just doesn't want to be told how cute he is... at 13, it's gotten a little old." So, of course, eldest's friend had to go look him in the face. L wrinkled up his nose, bared his teeth and made saliva foam. (sigh) He just doesn't know how to deal with them yet. That will come with time and hormones. Better to let him enjoy what childhood he has left.

When the twins got out of school, we all crammed in the new truck and I drove to QT to buy drinks. Drinks which were promptly opened. First Born Twin starts burping. "Braaaap. Excuse me, I'm sorry."
"That's ok." I reply, trying not to laugh.
FBT:"Braaap. Pardon me, I'm sorry."
Me:(internal laughter) "Burps happen."
FBT: "Braap-aap. Excuse me!"
Me: (suddenly realizing what soda could do to a brand new truck interior) "You guys aren't going to spill any soda in my brand new truck, right?"
All of them, almost in unison: "No way! We are being very careful, and keeping our sodas very tightly capped!"
.
.
.
"Braaap. Excuse me."


What great kids!

No comments: