Monday, December 27, 2004

Gotta Post

So I wandered across this wonderful mommy blog, Lunasea, and I left a comment. (For those of you not in the know, I rarely comment)
And now I'm in a panic... What if this cool mommy visits here? She's going to see me bitching about arthritis, a long-winded meme, and a story about 5 pounds of coffee before she gets to anything child related.
I've been sharing the coffee wealth, BTW; and every time I grind some beans for a friend, the Hubby-Man grumbles something under his breath about how I'm going to regret it because Tanzania Peaberry doesn't come along every day. And he's a tea drinker!

Anyway, I feel like I have to clean the house before company comes over, if you know what I mean. Because her blog is so darn good. So here it is... The L story I've been avoiding...

We got a letter from CBC high school requesting L's presence for an interview on January 4th. Which means either they're interviewing in alphabetical order, or those letters of recommendation from alumnists put him near the top of the list. I'm a nervous wreck. He needs some decent clothes to wear. He needs a haircut. He needs to know how to conduct an interview. (eek) The first two I can manage, but the interview... He's on his own there. I would be a suck-ass mom if I micro-managed his life. My best advice is, "Be honest. They'll know that CBC is right for you as long as you be yourself. So relax. It's not a thing."

Meanwhile, I shake and twitch inside because I know the only thing I can really do is step back and let nature take it's course. *twitch*

Anybody else out there have a child interviewing for a high school?
Want to give me some advice?
Or consolation??

2 comments:

achromic said...

Not a mom but I do a good deal of interviewing and I've been interviewed quiet a bit. Not of course for HS but it doesn't matter. The number one thing that the person is gonna want to see is that L. is going to fit in and be happy at CBC. (I still really don't get why you/he wants to go there but....) So tell L to smile. People forget that when they are nervous and it counts a lot. Also help L. come up with some questions that he could ask at the interview, this will help him seem intersted in being there. Also come up with some of L's approperate intersts (you don't want him to say something like every free moment that mom's not around I'm playing computer/vidio games). But all in all smiling is the most imporant, wide honset smile that reachs into his eyes.

On another note, you can use anything in my blog that you find intersting I don't copywrite and I don't intend to (as if ....). I like talking to you about things in an open honset way. Even if I'm totally wrong. That other post about the hospitals and doctors? I was totally thinking of you when I was writting that. I want you and people like you helping people like me and others and I'm pissed that we don't have that. S, lets agree that even if we don't like how we say things at one time or another that we can still like the person behind computer screen b/c I don't have that many friends and I think your pretty damn cool.

Lunasea said...

Wow, I'm so flattered! Also glad that you left a comment on my blog (especially if you don't comment often). Good luck to L. in the interview!