Tuesday, October 14, 2003

A Woo Hoo! Moment

My period usually gives me some warning before it arrives. Not today however. There I was, yakking on the phone in the bathroom, (why does this upset some people, by the way?) when my phone friend has to hear, "Woo Hoo! I got my period!"

How did I ever wind up living in America? I've been informed of the rules, of course. So why don't I follow them? There must be something wrong with me. (or wrong with mainstream America)

1. I don't think peeing is "nasty". Um... it's urine, we all produce it. When it exits your body it's sterile, and if you don't like it, then stop using shampoo. Read the label. What did you think urea was, anyway?
2. I don't freak out over menstruation. I say "woo hoo!" on the phone, no less.
3. I don't think bodily noises are evil. But please try hard not to fart in the elevator, or any enclosed space. Nobody wins.

No comments: