Friday, October 10, 2003

Silliness

I'd like to write some children's books. I really would. Today I decided I'd just sit down and blow one out. We're talking 40 pages tops. I can do that in my sleep. (Hell, I do do that in my sleep). There are lots of subjects that could be covered a bit more thoroughly. Like "My Parents Are Pagan"...
My parents are pagan. They pay karmic dues.
Our neighbors are Christian, but all of us wear shoes.
We wear shoes for walking to our temple of choice
For this is America. We all have a voice!
All religions are nifty, each one has it's fan.
Your god looks like Santa, my god's a green man.
The Hindi have Shiva, and gods of that ilk.
They dress up their statues in garments of silk.
The Muslims praise Allah, his prophet is Mohammed.
His words give them guidance to live as god said.
The Hebrews love Yaweh, their history is long.
They've had lots of hardship, but their faith is quite strong.
Budhists have no gods, unusual but true.
Their goal is to live like enlightened men do.
The Christians Have Jesus, who died on a cross.
They also have the Holy Ghost and God, who's the boss.
We all have religion, that's a big thing in common.
It's what makes us the same, It's nothing to frown on.
My point is you're different, but you are not alone.
Your god's where your heart is. Your heart is your home.

No comments: