Monday, October 06, 2003

More things I don't believe in

ok, before I get to that, I want to type about this: I did a google search for "November 8, 2003" including the quotes. I was looking for more goofy thoughts on Harmonic Concordances and other ways to get off the planet without comiting suicide. heh.
I found that there will be a lunar eclipse in that day. Unfortunately, the best viewing will be in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. (sigh) I also found an events page for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. It had some interesting stuff on it, but it also had *** NOT FOR PUBLIC DISTRIBUTION *** printed all over the place. I'm a good citizen, so I won't distribute the link. ;)
I also don't recommend reading the NRC bulletin. Some of it's scary, if you're of a mind to be scared by nuclear power. I was actually comforted by reading it. On a side note, did you know that BLUE TOPAZ falls under the control of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission? It's true! White Topaz is heated, then irradiated to turn it blue. Some countries do this by leaving parcels of gemstones in a nuclear reactor for a while. Different radioactive materials cause the topaz to turn different shades. The darkest, London Blue, is caused by plutonium. But don't worry. Thanks to the NRC, you can be assured they're not radioactive. The stones are quarantined until the NRC gives the all-clear.

Now then... things I don't believe in:
Any of these UFO photos.
That the U.S. government is run by Grey Aliens.
That there are good guy aliens waiting for us to dismantle our nuclear arsenal before they get rid of the Greys.
That wearing a miniature satellite dish on a chain will make the good guy aliens move faster in getting my butt off the planet.

Things I Question

If we have access to advanced technology, why are we using 30 year old, inefficient space shuttles?
If there were once civilizations as (or more) advanced than we have currently, where's the trash from them?
Assuming our ancestors became advanced enough to dig up their landfills and recycle everything, where is the evidence of landfill digs, advanced mining technology, pollution layers in core samples, etc.?

No comments: