Monday, October 06, 2003

Sceptical

Anyone actively reading this blog knows that I'm a practicing shaman. That means I'm rather into the whole "new agey" thing, although I hate to describe it that way. I believe in the ability to predict the future, I've done it. I believe in ghosts, I've relayed information for them. I believe in reincarnation, astral projection, localized time modification, soul retrieval, healing by presence, etc, etc, etc.

I do not believe that on November 8th, 2003, a harmonic concordance will open the gateways to heaven or hell and everybody in the world will be able to create matter with their thoughts. Why don't I believe this silly fru-fru thing, when I believe so many other silly fru-fru things? Because I believe people work together to create reality. If I were able to manifest my fondest wish of the minute, I wouldn't be able to interact with the rest of the world. If my 12 year old son were able to think things into existence, he'd be buried under a mountain of toys. If a newborn had this talent, he or she would never mature by even a minute.

I don't understand how people can be so short sighted sometimes. I don't want to live in a world of fluffy-bunny-happy-joy.
If I did, I'd spend time in a universe that supports it.

No comments: