Sunday, October 26, 2003

Doughnuts from Krispy Kreme are not your average donuts

When we went to Six Flags, they gave us a coupon for buy a dozen, get a dozen free Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. L promptly suggested that we visit Krispy Kreme on the way home. Hubby and I gave a unanimous "no". Sorry, kiddo. There's no way I'm going to sit in a drive through line for 20 minutes, after tramping around Six Flags all day, waiting on a Saturday nightfor 2 dozen doughnuts so you can eat 1 donut and say you're done, never touching the box again.

I stuck the coupon on the fridge along with all the other coupons I'll never use, and promptly forgot about it. L however, did not. Every day I asked, "What would you like for breakfast?" and he'd reply, "Krispy Kreme... You didn't buy them last night? Ok then, hashbrowns." This went on for 2 solid weeks. I'd pick him up from school; he'd ask for Krispy Kreme. I went grocery shopping; he asked for Krispy Kreme. I'm still thinking he will eat one or two donuts and be done with the Krispy Kreme thing, and we'll be stuck with 22 high-calorie rings of doom. (Chasmyn, you've heard my rant before) I'll have to eat some of them, B will eat the rest, and the only thin person in the house will be the boy who wanted the darned things in the first place.
I could not have been more wrong. We finally go buy the friggin' donuts. L eats one, I eat one, B eats one. Then we all eat another. L notices that the first dozen are halfway gone, and says, "There were 24 donuts, and 3 people. That makes 8 donuts each." We all agreed that 8 donuts were the max we'd eat, so that all would be in balance. This isn't normal behavior for L. He's usually quite generous, and if he mentally divides food, he does it by size. Thus I say: Krispy Kreme Doughnuts are not your average donut.

No comments: