Sunday, October 12, 2003

I'm beginning to understand what famous authors meant when they talked about "having to write". I was trying to play a game on the computer, and I've been fidgeting for the last half hour or so. I kept thinking that I should write another story for Random Redhead. I don't have any specific story in mind, I just feel the need to write something. I feel like I'm going to be itchy and restless until I do. Geez, it's like fighting an addiction. :(

What am I going to do when the book is completed? That decade of my life is really the only interesting stuff that happened to me. I suppose I could write meditation books (bleah) or children's books. (you've already seen my laughable work in that area) I could write about adoption, but I don't really want to. That part of my life is personal, I don't feel the need to share it with strangers. The only part I'd want to share about adoption is this:
Not all women spend their lives grieving for the child they gave up. Some women experience momentary sadness followed by a feeling of satisfaction, because their child has a better family than they could have offered him or her.

No comments: