Saturday, August 06, 2005

Injury Update
.
Mom found my old crutches and brought them over, then peered over my shoulder as I changed the dressing on my foot, then sat and watched her soap opera, without once offering to get me a cup of coffee.
:(

BUT. Without her crutch-bringing, followed by any assistance whatsoever; I never would have figured out that I can't move my big toe very well. Because the crutches are old and one of the rubber feet fell off when I was trying them out. I tried to pick it up with my toes and discovered that my foot doesn't work so well. I can't make my big toe separate from the other toes. And I have a curiously numb spot that runs from the stitches to the middle of my big toe. Hm.
So it looks like I'll get to be my own guinea pig for comfrey vs. nerve damage. Cool, huh?

On a related note, the ER gives you a piece of paper saying what's wrong with you, how to treat it, and a long caveat that they could be wrong. Mine reads:
"The doctor thinks your complaint might be due to LACERATION. Your regular physician should check this diagnosis" etc.
I laughed out loud over that one. It might be a laceration, but we can't be sure... LOL.
The hubby-man said, "Yeah. It could be from acute skin failure instead."

1 comment:

Optima said...

You do look so ALIVE and happy!
I am sure your foot will heal very soon and the nerves will regenerate nicely!
It was so good to spend the day with you!
I will call you soon to check up!