Friday, August 12, 2005

If Yesterday
was an awful day, today was terrific. Because today I had my stitches removed. And we got L's shot record corrected. And the Hubby-Man got himself checked up, too.
Dr. Pozzi was impressed with how cleanly my wound is healing. Thank you to everyone who sent healing energy to my foot. I could feel it! Thank you!

I need to be able to drive by next Thursday; that's when L starts school.

I'm sick and tired of my crutches. I'm tired of asking my family to fetch and carry for me. I'm not used to this kind of incapacity. It's damned frustrating. And yet, I'm so very grateful for the tiniest things my family does for me. Holding a door or carrying a cup of coffee has HUGE value when you can't do it yourself.
I find that I have to plan out my movements, so that everything gets done while I'm up; because once I sit down, I don't want to get up again. Not because I'm lazy (which I am,) but because I'm lifting 130 or so lbs with one lone thigh muscle. It takes effort.

On a positive note, I'm building muscle mass like you wouldn't believe!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 comment:

Optima said...

I a, so glad you finally got them out! Can you put pressure on it yet?? Oh heck....I'll call and ask you about it!!