Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Back On The Crutches
.
But hopefully only for a night.
Because I let my mom goad me into doing something stupid, (dancing, 80's style) which required me to bounce on my injured foot. Because apparently, I forgot that I was hurt. So I bounced.

And met with a pain I knew once, long ago. The delightful sensation of interior flesh giving way.
Yeah, baby.
There's nothing like a little stupidity to remind you of ballet class. For those of you who have taken dance; remember when you'd have a particularly tight muscle? And you'd think, "I'll just exercise this out." And you'd tear or pull it? Yeah. That.

So I wrapped me in an ace bandage and had the Hubby-Man get my crutches out of the closet. The plan is that the combination of pressure to prevent swelling and no weight at all on my foot will enable me to drive tomorrow. L needs to get to school, you see. And I have no one to call on. The Hubby-Man can't do it, he's working in the opposite direction tomorrow. (sigh)

So applaud my stupidity and pray that traffic is light, ok? Thanks. :)

No comments: