Thursday, September 22, 2005

Yeah, I Know Somebody
.
My aunt M and her youngest daughter D both live in Houston, TX. I'm not worried. They are both smart enough to get the heck outta town. I haven't heard anything about them coming up here. I hope St. Louis is where they're heading. They've got family here. Any of us could make room for a week or a month -should Rita hit Houston head on. I don't think that's going to happen. I think Hurricane Rita is going to make landfall just West of Morgan City, LA.

However; my aunt's neighborhood floods with a heavy rainfall. A storm surge would put her apartment underwater. So I know she's left town. The questions are, did she get out-out, or is she sitting in traffic? Did she buy a plane ticket? (likely) If so, has she made it through security yet?

The traffic jam in Houston is ridiculous. People are running out of gas on the highway. The police and highway assistance vehicles are running out of gas to keep the evacuees moving. The gas stations all along the way are out of gas, or closed because the owners evacuated. Hey, at least they're not price gouging!

Speaking of price gouging... The major pipeline that ships refined gasoline through St. Louis is shut down. Which means the gas in my tank will have to do until the pipeline is up again. Um, yeah.

2 comments:

Lunasea said...

Geez - I hope they're OK. I get scared at 25 mph winds, so I can't imagine NOT getting the heck out of there.

She Dances in Dragon said...

I hope they're OK too. No word yet, but I expect their phone lines are down. I'm sure they're fine and I'm just being dramatic.