Monday, September 12, 2005

Bureaucracy
.
My driver's license is up for renewal. As an anti-terrorism, homeland security, let's-make-citizens-lives-more-complicated measure, I must bring my birth certificate to the DMV. I don't happen to have my birth certificate, it was lost during one of my many moves. I can get a copy at city hall for a mere $15. Guess what I have to bring to prove I'm me?
.
.
.
My driver's license.

So, if my driver's license is good enough to get my birth certificate, why do I need my birth certificate to get my license renewed? Ah, bureaucracy.

2 comments:

Optima said...

you have go tto be kidding me!! What a mess & it seems that the cost of birth certifs went up $10 in 10 years. I tell ya, they will get our hard earned cash one way or another, won't they??

Lord Hades said...

Draw up some more certificates like proof of Awareness, Proof of Soul,and give them a blank Certificate of Anal Retentiveness to fill out