Sunday, September 18, 2005

Knitting Needles and Physical Therapy
.
I had my first PT visit on Thursday, and I rewarded myself atferward with some new knitting needles from Knitorious. I bought size 1 crystal palace bamboo needles, both straight and circular. I love them, and they're... in need of work. Yeah.
The straight needles are perfect for the lace I'm making, except the tips are too blunt. So I sanded the tips until they were thin enough to suit my needs. The circular needles looked great, but both needles pull out of their casing easily. I need to find a way to glue the little buggers in without glueing the cable, which needs to rotate freely. (sigh)
Fortunately, it'll be at least 2 weeks before I'm at the point where I need the circs. I still have the edging to finish, then the insert; before I finally get to the large body of the shawl.

Now, for the PT. Ugh.
My darling, dearest husband massages my foot. Because I don't have the nads to do it myself. The thought of deliberately inflicting real pain on myself... can't do it. So I lay on the massage table and try to detach myself from my foot while he does the deed. You wouldn't thing of a 5 minute foot massage as torture, normally. But this isn't normal. It's 3/4ths of an inch of scar tissue being manipulated.

You know how, when you're walking through the woods, you get little burrs stuck to your shoelaces? Picture those burrs all stuck together in a sheet. Now imagine it inside your foot. Now imagine someone rubbing it around in there.

And there was a time when I thought this cut was "interesting".

We're going to try a new thing today. During the massage (torture) session, we're going to play some dancin' music. It will give me something to focus on, and remind me why I'm putting myself through this. I'm going to pick out about 5 minutes worth of music, and it'll be good.

No comments: