Friday, September 09, 2005

Darnit
.
L has a cold. I checked him this morning and fever is too high to dose him with tylenol and send him to school. In gradeschool, there is no doubt I'd be keeping him home. But this is high school. Kids don't spread germs as much in high school. And I think it's important to not miss any school. (grrr)
So here it is. 6 am on a friday morning. I'm wide awake and ready to tackle rush hour traffic.
I guess I'll knit. :D

*UPDATE*
I called the school and got that annoyingly loud tone in my ear, followed by, "We're sorry, all circuits are busy. Please try your call later."
Which I did. Again and again, for more than 2 hours. I did finally get through. Right around the time I'd achieved a state of blind panic wondering if the school had been taken over by terrorists or something.
Their power was out, and they'd spent the last 2 hours or so calling parents because they were sending the students home.
Go figure!

2 comments:

Optima said...

How is L doing?? any better?? I hope he is - like mom always says- LYSOL EVERYTHING!!

If you wanna call tomorrow, I will be here working (working being the reason I might not call until it is too late) I would like to here how you are all doing fighting off the bug. John still has it, he is coughing a lot and still stuffed up. Talk to you soon!

She Dances in Dragon said...

L is much better. He's still a little stuffy, but no fever, no coughing. Thanks for asking!