Saturday, September 03, 2005

Just Stuff
.
L invited a girl to the school mixer. He sent her an e-mail. I'm not sure what to think about that. Would it be considered a formal invitation, because it's written; or informal because it's an e-mail?

The hubby-man fixed my gun lock. I can clean my rifle again! This weekend, we'll do some target practice and I'll find out if I can still hit the broadside of a barn. :D

I saw a caravan of humvees and trucks heading south. Go Guard!
When I saw them, I felt sad.

I also saw a cadillac station wagon on highway 40, loaded with water and boxes. I wondered what the two young men in the car were planning. I decided they were bringing relief to those who had made it as far as our state.

I think America can absorb a few million refugees, as long as we spread them out in a lot of cities. A friend of mine has an extra bedroom and was considering inviting a family from the hurricane area to stay for a while. She's 4 months pregnant.

We gassed up yesterday morning, paid $2.99 a gallon. The total was $47 and change. The same station was $3.19 in the afternoon.

The world response to America's disaster has been awesome. Some people think it's time the world paid us back for all the help we've given. I don't think of it as pay back. I see the offers as a gift. Thank you! Thank you for caring. Thank you for wanting to help. Thank you for giving. Thank you, Canada, for the assistance you've already sent. You'll be traveling through some beautiful country on your way to the southern coast. Take some pictures!

No comments: