Friday, November 04, 2005

Uh-oh. Mom's in a Cookin' Mood
.
I stopped off at the store to buy some coffee. So I could have coffee after I blog. Like a post-blog treat, only every day. Anyway, I went in to buy coffee... and maybe something for dinner... and nothing else.
I walked out with pie crust mix, sugar, flour, butter, sweetened condensed milk, and ricotta cheese. (and the things I'd planned to buy) I just couldn't pass up the ricotta cheese. It's been ages since I've had cannoli. The hubby-man and son think it's disgusting. I think there are few confections that rival sweetened cheese stuffed into a crispy shell.

Cannoli was a special treat when I was growing up, because none of the local bakeries made it. We would have to take city busses to get to a neighborhood that sold cannoli. The trip took over an hour each way. But it was worth it. Oh, was it worth it!

No comments: