Sunday, November 06, 2005

Religious Quote of the Year (IMHO)
.
I was reading The Zero Boss, one of those fabulous bloggers whom I haven't had time to read as often as I'd like... I was reading and found this:
(for those who are actually serious about a Pagan religious path): Don't pay any attention to spells or magick until you've developed a deep spiritual connection with the Deity Who calls to you. Religion is first and foremost about the bliss that flows from understanding the world and your place in it. It is not about wishing yourself an extra hundred bucks when money's tight. Stop treating the Goddess like a McDonald's drive-thru window.


You can read the entry that includes this brilliant suggestion here.

From my experiences, most people who discover Pagan religions start with discovering "magic". Maybe they're looking for a sense of control over their lives? Maybe they're looking for an easy way through life?

Life is easy. We are the ones who make it hard.

3 comments:

achromic said...

I think some are looking for that .... I think that for others they maybe looking for a bit of quiet as the noise in their head keeps getting louder. Hehe ... you know there are so many of you that taught me without ever knowing I was there. It was Buck for instance that first said the words grounding in the same room as me... and I listened as he explained to someone else how to do it... then I could do myself... but I don't think he ever knew that I was there. I think some people like me ... don't find magic something fun, pretty, or anything like that. They find it unpredicable, inconvinant, draining and unplesent... and they are just looking for some way to shut it down or off or just find some control. Unfortuantly... unfortunantly we all to often find very negitive ways of shuting it down.

Anonymous said...

I'm sort of wondering how the whole life is easy applies to losing a child or a spouse? Is that easy?

Anonymous said...

WARNING WARNING WARNING- Insensitive Comment Ahead...

Regarding Losing a Spouse: Once you lose the first one, they get much easier after that!