Monday, January 10, 2005

Ya Learn Somethin' New Every Day.

Today, I learned that I'm not perfect. (ouch)
Ok, really; this isn't a pity story. I promise.
I went job hunting. And I genuinely expected to be hired today. I've heard people say that you can't just walk in off the street and get a job; my response is, "Really? It almost always works for me."
I walk in, knowing that I'm the ideal candidate. I walk out with the job I want. Today is the third time I've failed to convince my future employer of my value. And it sucks.

Maybe it's because they were busy. Maybe they didn't like the color of my shirt. Maybe they'll call me. Maybe, maybe, maybe. :)

But what do you do when someone says, "Jost jot down your name and number." and hands you a stack of post it notes and a pen? I don't know what you would do, but I wrote my name, my number (with area code) and this, "Experienced barista, professional and friendly."

I'll be astonished if they call.

I drove around looking for the other coffee houses on my list. They were all closed. Well, tomorrow is another day; and there's always Starbucks. (shudder)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you didn't get the job you sought right away, but I know you'll find one. I have faith :)