Thursday, January 20, 2005

I Love A Parade or pithy comments by yours truly
.
I'm genuinely astonished that we have any military left for the parade and honor guard. I thought they were all overseas or recovering in hospitals... Or buried.

*tick*
*tick*
*tick*
(time passes)
Still waiting for the parade to start. I've never watched an inaugural parade before, and It looks like I won't be watching this one either. Oh wait! They finally came out in the cold.
My god. Lookit all the pollution damage on the Capitol building steps. That's just sad.
The limo is a 2006 caddy (with heavy modification). It looks like a cross between a hearse and a humvee. It has little flashy red and blue lights, white wall tires, and recessed grips for the secret service to hang onto. Nice.
Right now they're moving quite slowly. I expect they'll speed up as they pass the protestors.
*tick*
*tick*
They actually went slow for the most part as they passed the protest zone. They did speed up toward the end. Other parade high points:
The crowd parted, leaving two guys standing alone. Both had their back to the prez, and both were holding up little signs reading, "liar".
The crowd also kept their distance from the nutball in the full-length fur coat who was blowing kisses. yeesh.
The limo did a brief imitation of a spooked cat when someone threw a piece of fruit (and missed.)
Did you know that people paid to stand there in the cold? The ticket prices ranged from $15 to $125. The prez and wife got out to walk past the $125 ticket holders. Gosh, I'm so impressed.

No comments: