Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Just a little stress...

My bowels still hate me, my hair is coming out by dozens of strands -particularly on the side I sleep on, and I'm so tense you could bounce a quarter off me. Why? You may ask.

Because L's interview with CBC is TONIGHT. In the middle of rush hour. And there may be ice on the way.
I'm so not ready! He's been ready since he picked CBC in the 7th grade. But I'm not ready! I'm not ready to have him go to high school. I'm not ready for it! You would think, that since I've had 13 years to prepare, I'd be ok with this. And I'm not. I want to get down on my arthritic knees and plead... "Please see his worth. Please see his magnificence! Please... do you need a kidney? Whatever it takes!"
And I can't. I have to keep my mouth shut, and my personal desires hidden, and smile as he walks off into the future.

2 comments:

Optima said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Optima said...

I know exactly how you feel! They talk about collage courses in school now in the SEVENTH grade. Goddess why do they grow up so fast? IMHO, you are handling it so very well and I hope that I can do just as well in a year or two.
I just think it is WONDERFUL that the interview went so well for L but I really had no doubt at all. He is a Very Brillant young man!