Friday, January 16, 2004

Tangent

That last post wasn't what I'd meant to say. It went in it's own direction. That's ok.

What I'd meant to say is that I had so much magic around me as a child, and I never knew it. I thought magic was flashy, permanent, and the stuff of legends. I wanted a fairy godmother, but life was easy, and no fairy godmother came. I wanted to fly like Superman, dress like Wonder Woman, and save the world like James Bond. And one more thing... I wanted to do it all while maintaining my secret identity.
I wanted my own personal fairy tale, not realizing that I was already living it.

Magic isn't flashy, it's private. It happens best when no one is looking, or when everyone is looking; rarely in-between.

I look at my life, and marvel at the magic. Just yesterday, the wind danced with me. Birds fly right over my head, totally unafraid. I had a hawk follow me from my home to my son's school, and back again. I can look at people and tell them where it hurts, and why. I can touch those hurts from across the room and take away some of their pain, if the want me to. I can see your future and I can see your past. I maintain my secret identity. I'm not special. I'm just another stay at home mom.

No comments: