Friday, April 25, 2003

I'd like to thank my friends for putting up with my occasional rants. I know they're negative, and down on myself, and about things I should have just accepted a long time ago. Sometimes it's fun to roll around in your personal pile of trash. It's like visiting an old friend. It's comfortable, and when you climb out and brush yourself off, the world looks so beautiful!

I did a google search to see if my other blog shows up, and I started wondering about the peculiarities of the redhead condition. I should have wondered about this a month ago, when I started noticing a profundity of redheads out there. The kind who's color comes from a bottle. That peculiar shade of artificial copper-burgundy that never occurs in nature. (sigh) Red hair is in again. This means I'll run into lots of people asking me where I got my hair done, because they just have to have that color!
This rant does not apply to people who have the good taste to get red highlights. This rant only applies to people with tan skin, black eyebrows and (gods damn them) visible eyelashes. I would have given up all the notoriety I received as a kid just to have dark eyelashes... or the ability to tan. I'm an 80's child. Everyone I knew "laid out" to get a tan. I "laid out" to get pink and freckly. Everyone used baby oil, I used baby sunblock. By the end of summer I had usually achieved a nice warm gold color.
Another redhead rant- Who the hell makes up the colors for foundation? Why is an ivory dress ivory but "ivory" foundation is pink? Needless to say, I don't wear foundation. I do, however, wear brown mascara. Ha, ha ha, ha ha! I have triumphed over nature! I have eyelashes now! And as soon as my b-day comes around, I'll triumph again. I'm buying myself a HAIR STRAIGHTENER. Coarse, frizzy, poofy hair has it's place. Sometimes. Now, thanks to solid ceramic ionizing hair straighteners, I too can achieve straight hair!
Yes, I have hair issues.

No comments: