Saturday, April 26, 2003

How I learned to Astral Project
When I was a wee newbie, starry eyed with possibility and quaking in fear of turning evil, I met a lot of people who said they knew more about magic than I was ever likely to learn. Practically every girl I knew was invited to join at least one coven. I was always passed over, or just plain ignored. For a while I was one very bitter 16 yr. old, and then I got stubborn. I would place myself in a room with a pal and her latest "teacher" and just listen. I firmly believed that if someone could do something, then I could do it too. It was like, " YOU can do a thing? Well, peh! It should be a no-brainer for me, then." Arrogant little snot, wasn't I?
The thing was, I could do whatever the teacher was trying to teach my pal. Usually on the first attempt.
The one task I had trouble with was astral travel. The whole bit about laying down in bed and relaxing every muscle in your body, starting with your pinky toe and working your way s l o w l y up your body. Relaxing millimeter by millimeter, then finally lifting yourself out, just so you can turn around and look at your body laying there? That meditation only served to make me incredibly aware of my physical being. It didn't do a thing to inspire trust that my body would be o.k. when I got back. How about this one? You're sitting in a field staring at the clouds. One of them is supposed to come down to you, then you climb on it and it lifts you away. My cloud always looked like a hippo. It would hang up in the sky, grinning it's goofy cartoon grin. Taunting me to come for a ride. To where? Africa?
Sue had a teacher named Steve. Steve wanted to get in Sue's pants. When Steve decided to teach Sue a meditation for astral projection, I asked if I could stay in the room. He replied, "I guess, but I don't know why you bother, you can't learn anything from it."
Them's fightin' words, buddy! I resolved to not only astral project, but to project myself all the way to his house, and rip down all his shields. (which I did, nyah.)
Steve walked her through the "stars" meditation, listed below this story. Low and behold, it worked! I felt those stars calling my soul, and I went to join them. In the midst of this travel, Steve suggested that someone who had died would come to guide us. I went sideways to a fringe of trees, then a grassy meadow. My Grandfather met me there. He told me that what I was doing was a good thing. Then he walked away to the other end of the field. At the edge if the meadow, a glowing man stepped out, and guided my Grandfather back to wherever he had been.
My Grandpa died when I was 5. I remember the phone ringing, and I knew Grandpa was dead. My mom stood by the phone. She didn't want to answer it. I thought, "it's ok, he's dead, mom. It's ok." And she sighed, and picked up the phone. My great Grandma died when I was 9. I knew that too. I woke up early, and I could see her thoughts. She was re-living her past, and then she thought, "It was good. Then she let go and died.
I had sort of expected my great Grandma to be the deceased family member to guide me, since I had 4 more years with her, but it was Grandpa who came to tell me I was on the right path.
Thanks, Grandpa. I love you.

No comments: