Monday, July 25, 2005

Waaa! It's Not Fair!
.
Why is it that I cannot find a pattern for the things I wish to knit? And why is it that today, when I was at the freaking library; I forgot to pick up a stitch guide book? And why is it that I had to fall down, which is likely to make the 2 block walk to the library nearly impossible? Aaaargh!
(It's my blog and I'll rant if I want to, rant if I want to, rant if I want to.... You would rant too, if it happened to you.)

I want a shetland shawl pattern that's deliciously complex. One with at least 5 distinct lace patterns, and one that isn't this or this. They are both fine patterns, but they're everywhere. I want to knit something rare. Also, I'd like something a bit more complex. Neither of those patterns are meant for the superfine wool I have. (sigh)
The other thing I want to knit is a wizard hat, that I can then felt. However, I can't find any hat patterns that have a wide enough brim; and I don't know enough about the mathematics of increasing to know when to increase to achieve the desired result. Um, and I'm too lazy to knit up a dozen variations and felt them. Besides, wool ain't cheap.
Anyway, there's my rant du jour.

No comments: