Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Thinking Aloud With My Fingers
.
How intricate do I really want to get? The first swatch of lace turned out ok. The pattern would be better defined on smaller needles, but the wool has a lot of fuzzy bits that make larger needles better for showing the open work. I can't have it both ways. So...
Option A -scrap the whole cobweb weight idea and knit with crochet cotton.
Plus Side Minus Side
better stitch definition, much quicker knit ____ not what I wanted
can make it very fancy and textured ____________ feels like cheating

Option B - suck it up and start knitting, hope that when it's the size of a tablecloth it'll look ok.

Option C - knit several boring lace shawls from stash yarn and donate those instead.

None of the options make me happy, but leaning toward option B.

Question - Why do I want to make such a complicated item for the auction? Answer - Because I'll be proud of it. Because it should bring in more money for the school. And because I'll be proud of it.

1 comment:

Optima said...

Actually I would go with option C. You will have more to auction off and be able to get to the middle of your yarn where you can knit the one you want.
I know they will be beautiful no matter what you choose.