Sunday, July 17, 2005

There's A Whole Lotta Book Thieving Going On
.
Yesterday, our postal carrier delivered the latest HP book with a smile. She wished us happy reading and went on to deliver joy to other families. I handed the box to L, who tore it open and slid out the green hardbound book.
He sat with it in his hands, examining every bit of art on the front and back covers. Then he opened it and read the insert. I knew he was doing this to drive me crazy, and I didn't rise to the bait.
I expected him at any second to rush off to his room, cackling madly, book in hand.

Instead the little shit set it aside, saying, "I don't want to read it just yet. My favorite TV show is coming on soon."
He was baiting me.
I decided I could bait him too.
See, he thinks I'll start reading the book, then be willing to read it aloud.
So the book sat between us on the sofa; neither of us touching it.
Until the Hubby-Man entered the room. He asked, "You taking a break?"
We both said, "no." Stubbornly.
Hubby-Man said, "Yoink!" and ran off to the bedroom, book in hand, cackling madly.
I followed him, then stood within his range of vision, looking outraged. The second he put the book down, I swiped it.
Mad cackling ensued.

As a result, every chapter or so, the book would pass hands. None of us have finished it yet. Each of us has our own bookmark stuck between the pages.
It's pretty funny.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember how I said ours would be here Tuesday? Well, it's here!! Woot!!!

achromic said...

I havn't heard from my mother yet... lol and I don't expect to until she is done with the book... even gaming is at a total stand still while everyone gobbles the book up.

She Dances in Dragon said...

Chasmyn: Woot!!!!
Achromic: Yeah. EVerything is at a standstill. :)

Anonymous said...

I was so shocked and THRILLED when mom brought the book to us the day it came out!! It seems to be passing hands here. I need to figure out how to get the arguing to turn into mad cackles!!

Thank you for the other night! It was great seeing you and a great meal!