Sunday, July 10, 2005

About Knitting
.
K, P, K2Tog, YO, M1, Inc... these abbreviations mean something to me now. I'm still intimidated by SSK and Slip one, knit one, pass slipped stitch over. I refuse to think about "knit in front and back of stitch"
But with the 6 techniques I have down pat, I can knit a helluva lot of stuff. Once I better understand knit combinations, I'm going to tackle the biggest project ever. Bigger than the shetland shawl I'm thinking about.
I want to knit a scarf using the melanocortin 1 gene as a pattern.

Don't look at me that way! It was the hubby-man's idea! But really, how cool would it be to have the red-hair gene knit in a scarf? And thanks to the internet, all I have to do is find it and convert it to stitches. Hee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's an AWESOME idea. I can't wait to see photos!