Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Ten Things I've Done

that other people probably haven't.
I've seen this around for a while, and it always makes me think. Because, you know, I'm not that unique. The things that stand out in my memories are such commonplace things. Like stopping in the middle of my day to touch a tree.
It's much harder to dig through my memories for something I think most people *haven't* done. And since the awesome Lori -author of Gita Manas and Lori's Crochet, wedding officiant extraordinaire, and all around cool cat lover- tackled the terrifying ten, I shall do likewise.

Ten Things
1. I've ridden in a Huey helicopter and rappelled down a cliff all in the same day, without ever joining the military.
2. I've dug a latrine. On more than one occasion.
3. I've built a shelter in the middle of a thunderstorm using nothing but sleeping bags, sticks and rocks.
4. I've been close enough to (living) wild animals to see my breath move their fur (or feathers).
5. I've walked through the Projects alone at night.
6. I've danced on a riverboat.
7. I've had my artwork complimented by my favorite artist. (she even let me get a picture with her!)
8. I pushed my bully down the stairs. (not proud of that one)
9. I have a piece of graphite in my arm. It's been there since I was stabbed with a pencil in the 7th grade. Oddly enough, my mom has a matching mark on her arm, but she was stabbed with a pen. What's with this stabbing of redheads, eh?
10. I've been kicked out of school for being pagan. 17 years later, freshmen still talk about me. The stories grow taller as time goes on.

2 comments:

Roberta S said...

We seem to have a lot in common except digging latrines. I haven't dug any of those but I've dug holes for fence posts and I lost my brand new sweater down a latrine. Do I need to tell you that no one would help me retrieve it?

She Dances in Dragon said...

LOL! Your poor new sweater. :)