Friday, March 25, 2005

And To Think, I Coulda Gotten Outta Bed and Spared Myself This Wonderful Dream.

It's Easter break, Z spent the night, I was awoken too early by the sound of laughter... It was all good.
But then they got enrolled in video games. The house fell silent and I went back to sleep. I should have gotten out of bed.

Because I dreamt that I got some letters from the adoption agency. (In the waking world, I recently recieved letters and pics of my daughter, so maybe that was the trigger. Who knows?)
But in this dream, I got a letter from the mother of my son, and it was ugly. She told me that I was a horrible person. That I was evil and malicious for giving her this child.
The letter was scribbled out on a piece of white paper, and as I was reading it; a window opened in the letter, showing me pictures of L's neopets. This was somehow proof that I was evil. All 4 neopets had turned dark colors, and they all had evil grins on their cartoon faces. I had corrupted L's neopets and first-born-son's mom had found them. Which meant that she'd found my blogs. Which meant that she'd found me.(Nevermind the impossibility factor, it was a dream.)
There was more, but it all followed the same vein. I was evil. She didn't want her son anymore. She wanted to punish me for choosing her to be his mom.

All in all, it was a very ugly dream.

And I don't think I am evil. I put everything I knew in the medical history. I even put in the few things I knew about bio-dad's medical history. And when that wasn't enough, I blackmailed him into writing and sending his own history. I knew how important that kind of thing was. There was always this giant "what if?" hanging out there. What if he needs a new kidney? What if he gets leukemia? What if he develops an enlarged heart and dies when he's 34, like my great grandfather did? You never know what the universe is going to throw at you. The least I could do was give his parents all the knowledge I had. (sigh)
I don't believe he got it from my side of the family. My family is weird because we're all psychic to one degree or another. If my family is autistic, it's so subtle that we don't know it.

1 comment:

achromic said...

I always have wanted to hear you talk more about what you think of the adoptions now. You know in reflection, what you know, what you don't, what you wish you did know, what you think will happen as the kids get older.

It sounds like a scary dream tho'. I sympthaize with that.