Sunday, March 20, 2005

I'm Nauseas
.
Does that word up there look funny to you? Or is it just me? Maybe it's because I'd like to throw up right now.

I feel ill because I mashed my hand something awful today. As I was making an inarticulate howl of pain, I was thinking that it was too late in the day for a trip to the hospital. I was also wondering if I'd broken one, two, or three fingers.

Obviously, since I'm typing; I actually broke ZERO fingers. For which I'm quite thankful. But it still hurts so bad that I have waves of nausea passing through me.

I would photograph my lovely three finger bruise, except I don't have one anymore. I did have something blossoming in brilliant shades of deep purple, until I shoved my hand under the coldest water known to man. (i.e. tap water at about 50 degrees or so... but don't argue with me, because when your hand is injured anything below blood temperature *is* the coldest water known to man)

When the frigid water didn't do anything besides giving me a different level of agony, I got smart. Yes indeedy I did. I went to my one gallon sun tea jar full of comfrey oil and poured it all over my hand.

Ah. The blessed relief.
I was tempted to unscrew the top and plunge my hand in, but then I'd have a gallon of non-sterile oil. So I used the spigot at the bottom. Besides, it was faster that way.
:D
I didn't actually expect it to work. My primary goal was to reduce the swelling. You know, nip it in the bud before it got too bad. Imagine my surprise when the pain stopped cold.

If I have any bruising tomorrow, I'll snap a pic of it so you all can see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you asked, the word is "nauseous". But what you really mean is "nauseated" as nauseous actually means to cause others nausea.

Now, as my comment, I am so sorry you hurt your hand like that! Owie :(

Optima said...

I am so sorry that you hurt your hand that bad! I certainly hope that tomorrow is better instead of worse for the swelling. I could not imagine you stuffing all those eggs with one hand.

I again want to thank you, your hubby and L for a
WONDERFUL Ostara!
It was the perfict day and I was so in NEED.

Sunlight, laughter, conversation and warmth!

Love you ~group hugz~

She Dances in Dragon said...

Thank you, Chasmyn. I even used the spell checker. (sigh)

And thank you, Persephone. I'm really glad you came over. (even tho I wouldn't have mashed my hand if I wasn't carrying a certain monitor towards the back door. *grin*)