Tuesday, March 15, 2005

PETA Lies
.
Shock tactics, half-truths and outright lies. *gasp* Don't buy wool! Because sheep are sent to the slaughterhouse when the farmers have no more use for them (Nevermind that old sheep are inedible) PETA says it, it must be true! Synthetic fibers are always better than wool fibers! (Nevermind that synthetic fibers don't felt, synthetic fibers don't biodegrade, synthetic fiber production produces pollution... Just don't talk about that because...) Sheep poo is causing global warming!!!

Sheesh.

And no, I'm not linking to them. If you want to visit their site you're gonna have to google it.



*note: I actually use synthetic fibers only for my knitting. I bought 20 lbs of acrylic yarn off of ebay and I haven't gone through a third of it yet. But really, if something is cruel, you can tell people without making up "facts"

*secondary note: I should listen to myself talk. :) Although everything I've written about diamonds is factual, I could maybe hold back on a few more scary-but-true details. Hm.

3 comments:

achromic said...

If you ever want to hear more about how PETA lies just let me know. The sad part is that they made a huge impact for the betterment of treatment and they could have done so much more, instead they use lies and waste money. There are two things that I point out to PETA people, first is that more compainion animals are euthanized in shelters, alone and scared, then in any lab. The second is that if they are truely against animals being used in medical research then they should never take any medicene that has ever been FDA approved including vaccince because all FDA approved medication (expecially the OTC) has been tested on animals and ALL vaccines are batch tested on animals. The other thing that people don't like to hear is that PETA often funnels money thru' other interims to more radical groups like ALF and they have been known to do volience like blowing people up and in England actually beating up people. PETA is not warm and fuzzy.

Valkyrie said...

I love your blog. Glad I found it.

She Dances in Dragon said...

Why in the world would they keep a slaughterhouse? Is it so they can get the right kind of footage?

I haven't seen the PETA Bullshit! episode. But now that I know it's out there, I'll go rent it. Thanks, Jay!