Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I Am So Miffed
.
Darn it. Because L built this way cool science fair project, but his school isn't participating in the Greater St. Louis Science Fair. I think it's just for public schools.

Ah, well. We still have a working Van DeGraaff generator at our disposal. Who cares if L gets recognition from the city I love?

In other creation-related news, I have the plans for the slime wall done. We need:
heavy duty plastic, a length of gutter or pvc pipe, shims (maybe), 2X4's, a belt, a motor, and a boatload of tiny scoops.

Now L and I are planning Halloween project #2: faces pushing out of the wall. L originally wanted to use paper mache' or plaster. I suggested friendly plastic as a lightweight alternative. We could build up a model out of clay, and simply drape the softened plastic over the model. It would create the right look. And since friendly plastic is semi-transparent, we could put LED's behind the face to create an eerie glow.
A much more complex option would be to build an animatronic face and cover it with a sheet of rubber. (bleah)
Ooh! I just had an idea! We could do a face in a picture frame! My god, that's workable! Let's see what L thinks of it. After all, that's quite a diversion from his original concept. (yes, I use my blog for thinking out loud)

LOL, and here I've been thinking that I don't have any useful skills to volunteer for L's high school. Um, right. I can build props. I can paint and sculpt and make costumes. I make jewelry and arthritis cream, and I do mundane things too! LOL!

No comments: