Tuesday, November 23, 2004

We Interrupt This Discussion For An Important Announcement
I really think grandma doesn't want to come to Thanksgiving dinner. I think she doesn't want to sit through a bunch of arguments over religion, politics, and M's divorce. So I don't blame her for choosing to go into the hospital instead of going to Thanksgiving dinner.

Ok, that's about all the humor I can put into this one. Because mom called last night in a panic, to tell me grandma was in the hospital. Mom was really frightened. I could hear it in her voice. She was reaching out to anyone who might "fix" this.
(Some quick background. Usually when grandma goes into the hospital, I'm the last one to know. In the rush to grandma's bedside, my family generally forgets I exist. Sometimes I don't get a call until grandma is on her way home. So to get a call within an hour of grandma going to the hospital is a big deal.)

If you don't believe in psychic stuff, just skip this next part.
So mom was scared, and she called me. I couldn't comfort mom with words, but I could give her more (possibly bogus) information. So I closed my eyes, dropped into light trance, and reached out to grandma. Now, grandma keeps herself well shielded. She doesn't want people messing around with her. She puts herself in God's hands, and she rejects the energies of people who want to "fix" her. I wasn't out to fix her, I was just looking for information; so she let me scan her.
I found the little virus that was causing the problem, nothing deadly -her immune system was handling it just fine. I found the bacteria in her stomach that was causing the vomiting, and she's on antibiotics -those should help. Well, that was what put her in the hospital, so why was mom so worried?
Then I did an overall health scan. Ah, there it is. Her heart is very weak. She's not getting enough oxygen to her muscles. Her liver is full of crap, too. Oddly enough, her kidneys were fine. Usually a liver full of crap means kidney trouble too. But her heart, oh! It felt so tired. And her spirit felt tired too. Grandma was tired of going to the hospital. She was tired of being frail. She was not tired of life, however. I told mom what I'd seen. Mom wasn't surprised at all. She already knew that the big concern was grandma's heart. She just didn't tell me until after I'd done the scan. For an instant, I felt hurt. Here I'd gone against my own ethics, to invade my grandma's privacy, just to appease my mom, and she wanted to play "test the medical intuitive"?! Then I got over it. The thoughts behind the hurt were just stuff I'd made up. They were not what is.
Aunt P was sitting with grandma when I'd done the scan, and she called mom later to say that she'd felt me. Oops. I'm not usually that obtrusive.

At 3:00 this morning, they put grandma in ICU. Her blood pressure had dropped dramatically.
Mom called me first thing in the morning to tell me. She called back while I was taking L to school, and told the Hubby Man that grandma was still in ICU -but they'd stabilized her.

So that's where things stand. Grandma is very tired. Her heart is very weak. She doesn't want resuscitation. Neither does she want unnecessary measures. The whole nursing home is praying for her, along with all her friends, several churches and her family. She is deeply loved. She lights up the room with her presence. She's just that kind of person.

No comments: