Wednesday, September 15, 2004

What The Hell Is Going On In Nepal?

You, like a lot of Americans, might be watching the news for hurricane info. Between reports of wind speeds and storm surges, you'll hear tidbits about Presidential candidates and Martha Stewart resigning herself to jail. What you won't hear about is this: Non-Essential US Embassy Staff, Families Allowed To Leave Troubled Nepal

or this: In Nepal the Maoists are Winning
or even this: Bomb explodes at American Center in Nepal
The American version of the same story: Suspected Rebels Bomb U.S. Center in Nepal

I didn't know the US has been funding Nepal's monarchy. I didn't know the US was training people there. I didn't even know Nepal was in the middle of a civil war.
Gee, and I thought I was moderately well informed.

No comments: