Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Sale Of the Century
Hey, it's worth a shot, right? How about some nice inexpensive malachite? These cabs measure 8x10 mm and have nice color banding. Make an offer.


I also have 8x10 moonstones and garnets. The garnets are a great red/burgundy, and are eye clean. Again, make an offer.



Now for the good stuff:

It's not a good picture, but it's a fabulous gemstone. It's a 7x7 mm rose tourmaline from Brazil. I bought it from the mine owner a few years ago, and it is a true gem quality stone. I'd like to get the $100/ct that I paid for it, but I'll settle for (wince) $45.


5.42 cts of unbelievable blue fluorite. Everyone who sees it thinks it's a sapphire. I paid $25/ct, and bought it from the same Brazillian miner that I mentioned above. Although my direct from the mine price was $135.50, I'll part with it for $80 if you promise you'll set it in something worthy of it's grandeur. It measures slightly over 8x13 mm, and needs a custom setting. Fluorite is not hard enough to stand up to a ring setting. Like tanzanite, it will scratch or chip with daily wear in a ring.

I have other stones, like 3 color andalusite, sapphires (including 2 small padparaschas), amethysts and rutilated quartz. Somewhere in my jewelry lab is a huge aquamarine, and I have a bunch of Lightning Ridge opal rough in a jar in the kitchen. I've been letting it sit dry so that I won't have any surprise cracking when I cut it.
If any of this interests you, feel free to e-mail me at sharon(at)bitparts(dot)org

No comments: