Wednesday, March 31, 2004

The Fairy Tale

A long, long time ago, shortly before I experienced true hardship; my hubby and I looked at buying a new Toyota truck.
It was a fairy-tale existence for me. I had grown up in the midst of a terribly biased neighborhood, where women were considered worthless and men worked blue-collar jobs -when they worked at all. I had somehow gotten out of that. I married a computer geek who cherishes me. He had a closet full of white shirts to wear to his well-paying corporate job. We owned a house in my dream neighborhood. And for the first time in my life, I was going to be part owner of a brand new vehicle.
It was everything I had ever dreamed of.

We decided, way back in 1992; that we couldn't quite afford a new truck, but my hubby promised that someday
Someday we would buy a brand new Toyota, maybe even with 4 wheel drive.

Then he got laid off, home forclosed, daughter given up for adoption, yada yada yada. You've read it here before.

TODAY HIS PROMISE WAS FULFILLED. WE ARE CO-OWNERS OF A BRAND NEW TOYOTA 4WD TACOMA!

I'm going to go weep with joy now.

No comments: