Monday, March 15, 2004

Monday, Monday

What a day! You would think, since I sit at home doing nothing while L is at school, that I would be bored or something. Not so! This morning I dragged myself from a nice little dream about my old neighborhood; got dressed; woke L; schlepped downstairs to the dryer; got L's uniform; schlepped back up the stairs while running his belt through the belt loops of his uniform pants; traversed the clutter of toys in his bedroom, twice; signed all manner of paperwork for the school; briefly thought about coffee; drove L to school without murdering any of the legion of elderly drivers who were on the road with me; mastered the drive home -by thinking of coffee; made coffee; and kissed the Hubby-Man on his way to work.
Total elapsed time: 1 hour.

The next hour was spent removing fat from the organic beef ribs that I'd put in the crock pot last night, catching up on the news with CNN, reading e-mail, and drinking coffee.
Then I took a break. I played Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 for an hour or so. Just as I was thinking, "It's about time for the phone to start ringing..." The phone rang.
While on the phone, I made a batch of comfrey and shea butter, seasoned the now low-fat beef, took out the trash, polished some wood, and did a few dishes. I also paid the satellite bill, and tried to pay the credit cards online. No luck there; I can't remember the damn passwords. (sigh) So I got off the phone with my friend and called the credit card companies. They can't help, because Hubby's name is first on the cards. Which is only reasonable, seeing as how he's the one with a paycheck and all. So I called Hubby to ask him to remind me to remind him to call the credit card companies.
Now I'm taking some time to blog and have a cup O coffee. When I'm done I plan on taking a shower, doing a few more dishes, and clean some jewelry; before heading off to get L from school.

Don't tell me stay-home moms do nothing all day. I drink coffee all day, dammit!

No comments: