Friday, March 03, 2006

Coffee
.
I was making a pot of coffee this morning, like I do most every morning; and my mind wandered to the job interview I had this week. After the interview, my potential supervisor commented that coffee was her weakness. I replied that I'm a coffee snob.
We discussed Kona, and how the fine notes of Jamaican Blue Mountain can be ruined by bad roasting.

(Shh... Don't tell, but I don't think Blue Mountain is all that special. Although, I have a preference for African beans, so I'm biased.)

One of my duties will be to refill the air pots, and I thought up a series of questions to ask on my first day:

1. Can I keep my favorite creamer at work?
2. How big is their biggest corporate logo coffee cup?
3. If it's not big enough, can I bring my CBC coffee cup?
4. If I provide a spare air pot, can I share my special blend with all and sundry?

1 comment:

Roberta S said...

Yes, you definitely are a coffee snob, but when it comes to coffee snobs and great coffee, they know what their doing. I'd love to be part of your office coffee group. Nothing makes my day like a truly exceptional and flavorful cup of coffee and a monster mug to drink it from. The questions you plan to ask are pertinent.