Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Then I Just Sighed
.

I took the time to look up stranded knitting, so I could learn how to do it properly. Then I picked up my genome scarf and set to work with my new skills.

2 rows later, I spilled my cup of coffee on the pattern sheet.

Then I just sighed and sadly took the now soggy -yet colorful- sheet to the trash.
I need a shoulder to cry on. Maybe I'll knit myself one when I'm done with the scarf and the Victorian Lace Shawl from Elann.

Well, I needed to print out the third pattern sheet anyway.

2 comments:

Your Style Muse said...

How beautiful this is going to be!

Are you pleased as punch with yourself? I sure would be! To me, figuring out patterns and ratios and all that is just about magical.

You rock.

And your post about the Peregrine Falcon is really beautiful.

Did you get the job?

Be well, sister -

She Dances in Dragon said...

LOL, I hate it already. The gauge is all over the place, some rows are too tight, and the green is too dark. :D
But, it's my first tine doing stranded knitting. And like I've told the people I've taught to knit:
"Just keep pushing through it. If you frog it every few rows, you'll never finish. And besides; you're learning. It's ok if it's not perfect."

And that Peregrine Falcon was so awesome!