Thursday, March 16, 2006

What A Morning!
.
Today is report card day, so L has a half day of school. The plan was to drop him off, drive to Borders with my knitting, knit and drink coffee for 3 1/2 hours, then retrieve my son. I was out of bed early. We were out of the house somewhat early.

And I had a flat tire.

So I rushed into the house, woke the hubby-man, called the school on my cell phone, saw L off with Dad, drove to 7-11 to pay 50 cents to air up the tire, and drove to I-55 Phillips to get the tire fixed.

Fifteen minutes and fifteen dollars later, I grabbed the cell phone to tell the hubby-man about the sheet-metal screw that was imbedded in the tire; only to discover that I was still on the phone with CBC.

I hadn't hung up. And their voice mail system didn't hang up either. Poor Liz now has 45 minutes of The Sounds From Inside My Purse on her voicemail.
*giggle*
Including such high points as "the credit or debit? conversation" and "What the heck caused the flat?"
There's probably some cussing from the mechanic over my stick shift truck and how my seat is too far forward for his long legs.
I wish I could hear that. :)

*UPDATE*
The hubby-man, King of all things trafficky; got L to school on time!

No comments: