Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Interview
.
I had a job interview today! After a year and a half of searching, someone finally gave me an interview! Which went very well, I think. I answered all their questions well. I left a good impression. And I'm well versed in customer service.
But the various companies I've worked for over the years are all out of business. How do you give work references when the people you worked for are gone? My lack of references have made it very hard to get an interview.
But now I've gotten an interview. I even took a typing test and alphabetized a list of fake names. I was there for about 2 hours and was interviewed by 2 separate people. I believe that's a good sign. After 18 months, belief is about all I have left.

There was a point when I was tempted to break out into "I hope I get it" from A Chorus Line... "I really need this job... Please God, I need this job...I've got to get this job!"

Admittedly, that point was just a few minutes ago while I was composing this blog entry; but still... There was a point.

There are 4 applicants for 2 or 3 positions, so if I'm halfway good, I've got the job. :D
$7.25/hour here I come!

Please?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet you get it - you'll be great!!!